We are getting close to opening! Our original opening date was targeted for August 1st, but things have gone so swimmingly that we plan on seeing patients starting July 15th!
Our new clinic is cute. It’s ‘pinch its cheeks’ kind of cute. It’s in Bearden, in a cute little brick house that was converted into an office. It’s on a street with other cute little houses that have been turned into other cute little offices. More importantly, it is practical for our use.
Things I love about our location:
- There is ample parking to the side and rear of the building.
- Parking is not overtly noticeable from the street.
- The property is wheelchair accessible.
- The rooms are filled with light from the windows.
- It is in a central location, with everything you could need nearby.
- This place has character! Rounded plaster ceilings, built in nooks, a fireplace, doorway arches… It looks like a storybook house.
- The flow is great and clients will be comfortable during their visit.
- We refinished the original hardwood floors and they are easy to clean and beautiful too.
- We painted the walls bright white and now the rooms are even more filled with light.
- The electricity has been upgraded to allow for the safe use of the AirAlle’ medical devices.
- The waiting area chairs arrived and have been put together. Both adult sized and kiddie sized.
- We have our new telephone numbers, and they work!
- Our email address, info@LiceClinicsKnoxville.com is live – try it, say hello, and I’ll email you back!
- Our website is live (you are here)!
- The AirAlle’ devices are here, tested and ready!
- Misc. other furniture is here and ready to be installed.
- Lots of supplies are on order or already here.
- Business licenses, all that tax stuff, etc, all done!
Still to do:
- Internet is being installed on Friday, the 30th.
- I have a lot of the furniture still in my personal garage and I need to move it over to the shop.
- There is still more furniture to purchase.
- Inventory and display shelves to be set up.
- The salon treatment chairs are selected, but not here yet.
- A lot of supplies are ordered but not here yet.
- Need to purchase tablets for client entertainment.
- Need to set up office equipment – Mac, printer, CC machine, etc.
- Need to set up all the business software.
- Need to decorate!
And that’s where we are so far.
I am so excited to be getting closer to serving Knoxville and the surrounding areas (you know who you are)! Here’s a shout out to Oak Ridge, Pigeon Forge, Newport, Sweetwater, Ft Louden, Lenoir City, Clinton, Gatlinburg, Claxton, Harriman, Maryville, Alcoa, Seymour, Solway – in no particular order!!
Loving life and can’t wait to serve our community and help families.