We are appointment only, and only come in when we have scheduled appointments. That means we do not accept walk ins. All scheduling is done over the phone, at (865) 245-5353.
Product purchases still require an appointment. We include a demonstration of how to comb out hair, so be prepared to be here for at least 15 minutes.
Cancelations and Rescheduling
We require 3 business hours notice of a cancelation or rescheduling. If you cancel or reschedule with less than 3 business hours notice, or if you reschedule more than twice, we will require a $25 credit card deposit over the phone for your next appointment.
How Late is Too Late?
Like most appointments, we may have to cancel or reschedule your appointment if you are more than 15 minutes late. If there is an opening after your original appointment time we will treat you, if we have another client, we will not. We will try to reschedule for as soon as possible.
How Early is Too Early?
Because we are by appointment only, if you arrive early the building may be empty. If we have clients, we will be treating them, and are generally unable to start your appointment early. Kingston Pike is nearby and has many shops and restaurants where you can kill time.
Have an Appointment for Each Person You Bring
We stay very busy and generally cannot fit in extra people without separate appointments.
We have toys, coloring books, and tablets for children to play with! We also have more than one family in at a time, so sometimes these things will be in use. It’s always a good idea to bring something for a child to do while they wait. Please do not bring more children than you are having checked or treated. If you have several children and are coming in alone, you can bring someone to watch them for you while you are being treated.
In addition, please do not stay past your treatment time to let the children play in our lobby.
If your child is under 16, one adult must remain with them at all times. If there are two adults in your group, you are welcome to have the other one go outside, get food, or leave with the rest of the children, as long as one parent remains on the property.
- We comb until we find lice or evidence of lice.
- If you do not have lice, or have something other than lice, we cannot do an AirAlle treatment.
30 Day Guarantee
- Everybody in your household must be checked by us.
- For split custody families, this means everyone in both houses.
- Everyone found to have lice must have our Signature AirAlle treatment.
- Everyone must leave with active rinse.
- Active Rinse is included with a head check.
- In the event a family member can’t make it that day, they must use active rinse that day and come in within twenty-four hours.
- Those who had a Signature AirAlle Treatment are entitled to one $15 recheck within those thirty days.
- If you are found to have an active head lice infestation within 30 days of the original treatment, we will retreat you for free (including your recheck fee).
- We regret that we cannot honor guarantees given on false information.
Cosmetic Comb Out
Our Signature AirAlle comes with a cosmetic comb out, but what exactly does that mean?
A cosmetic comb out is:
- Cosmetic only! We remove most of the nits for a cleaner look.
- Our clinicians can usually remove about 90-95% of nits on the head.
- This means that if you have more nits in your hair, you will have more nits left.
- The remaining nits are dead, and cannot hatch.
- Lice lay eggs at the base of the hair, against the scalp. Our combs cannot get underneath some of them.
- As the hair grows, these nits will become visible, usually a few weeks post treatment.
- If you have a large amount of nits, we offer extra combing at a rate of $95 an hour.
- For our Signature AirAlle Treatment clients, we offer a one recheck for $15 during the first 30 days post treatment.
No Nit School Policies
- While many schools have moved away from this at the recommendation of the CDC, some still require students to be nit free.
- This means that your child will require MORE COMBING than a general treatment offers, or they will be sent home by the nurse.
- Comb outs lasting more than 90 minutes are $95 an hour, charged in 15 minute increments.
- Let us know if your school has a no-nit policy!
- While we do not know every school that has a no-nit policy, we do know that Cumberland and Hamlen counties do.
We accept Visa, Discover, MasterCard, American Express, CareCredit, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, and cash.
We do not accept checks.
Tips are highly appreciated! HSAs and FSAs cannot tip on the card. Like any other person doing your hair, we enjoy being tipped for our hard work! We also understand that not everybody can afford to do so.