Warm weather is finally here! Schools will be out, the pools are open, summer camps are looking at registration, and your vacation is being planned. Head lice don’t take the summer off, and neither should you. Here are a few tips for staying lice free this summer!
- Continue head checking your children! Check before and after events, like camps, family reunions, or vacations. Our head checks are $25, and we comb through the entire head. If you come in for a product purchase to get a comb, we will do a comb out demo to make sure you know what you are looking for!
- Bring your own pillow to sleepovers! Make sure your children don’t share brushes, hoodies, or pillows. Lice only7 need 3 seconds to transfer heads, and anything that goes from head to head can bring a bug with it.
- Keep your hair up! Tight buns and braids are the best ways to stay lice free. Peppermint preventive spray to finish off a hairstyle will help keep lice away from your head as well.
- Selfies are dangerous! By all means, take those photos, but keep your heads from touching when you do it.
- If you go swimming, don’t share towels! They can grab the fabric and get delivered to a new head as you dry off.
Because lice can hold their breath for 19 hours, swimming pools are safe. The little bugs just take a deep breath and hold on tight, they’re not interested in swimming to a new head.
Have fun this summer, and do it lice free!